Wednesday, 10 April 2013

Long time no see: A book rant


I must admit that Flurried Thoughts has been gathering virtual dust in an equally virtual corner for a great many weeks.

Well, since the dawn of Flurried Thoughts' neglect, I have discovered and devoured some truly amazing books that have me fangirling. Real GIF worthy fangirling. Some of the most anticipated novels on my to-read list are now marked read and ready for review. 

The Diviners (The Diviners, #1)
The Diviners by Libba Bray (The Diviners #1)
The Things We Did For Love
The Things we did for Love by Natasha Farrant
Rapture (Fallen, #4)
Rapture by Lauren Kate (Fallen #4)
Requiem (Delirium, #3)
Requiem by Lauren Oliver (Delirium #3)
Delirium (Delirium, #1)
Delirium by Lauren Oliver (Delirium #1)
Boundless (Unearthly, #3)
Boundless by Cynthia Hand (Unearthly #3)
Pandemonium (Delirium, #2)
Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver (Delirium #2)
Pivot Point (Pivot Point, #1)
Pivot Point by Kasie West
Cinder (Lunar Chronicles, #1)
Cinder by Marissa Meyer (Lunar Chronicles #1)
Scarlet (Lunar Chronicles, #2)
Scarlet by Marissa Meyer (Lunar Chronicles #2)
Secrets and Sapphires (At Somerton, #1)
Secrets & Sapphires by Leila Rasheed (At Somerton #1)
Lets talk Rapture and Requiem, the endings to a series. Wow. In both books I felt a sense of loss once the series finished and both were beautifully written in my opinion. I found that what both of these books had in common were the ability to describe. To describe such emotions and worlds that could envelope you in belief and feeling. To connect with the reader so well that with a single twist in the plot the reader could feel torn in the same way as the character. All I must say is these series are now my favourites. You. Must. Read.Them. Otherwise I may reveal too much and cry all over again.

Boundless was the end to a series, also. However, after reading The Fallen Series and The Delirium Trilogy I just kept comparing. The emotion in this book was strong, yet not the best. Yes, I felt the feelings. Yes, the plot was strong. But not strong enough.

I can't wait for the upcoming novels that will follow up each novel. I'm fangirling. Fangirling to the highest extent. The Diviners (a creepy novel, with a unique and romantic storyline), Secrets and Sapphires (Downton Abbey incarnate), Lunar Chronicles (squeal!), Pivot Point (such a cliffhanger), the release dates of the the follow ups to these novels are so frustratingly far away! 

And then there's The Things We Did for Love. Such a romantic novel. I really do love this it, it's up among the favourites. I doubt my words convey strongly enough my infatuation with this novel, but take my word that it's amazing.

All reviews coming soon

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the list! I am looking for some discounted eBooks and saw your blog. I know Lauren Kate because I’ve read her previous books before and honestly, I don’t like it. The story is good but I just don’t like it.

    ReplyDelete